School Lane Preschool Privacy Notice
Your personal data applies to adult and child – Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or may be in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who are we? – School Lane Preschool is the data controller (contact details are below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How we process your personal data – School Lane Preschool complies with its obligations under the GDPR by
- keeping personal data up to date,
- by storing and destroying it securely,
- by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data,
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to apply for funding for your child
- for Norfolk County Council and local authority audits
- to maintain our own accounts and records
- for informing Social Services and law enforcement agencies should it be required
- Information about children and parents/carers – Data held by the preschool will be used to contact the parent/carer in case of emergency. Also, any medical/emergency services should it be necessary.
- The data will be used to contact the parent/carer initially to offer a place for their child at the preschool. Information will be stored securely.
Sharing your personal data – All personal data (child or parent/carer) will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with the authorities as required. It will not be shared with third parties outside the preschool, local education authorities, law enforcement agencies, social services or medical/emergency services. Other than child protection issues the parent/carer’s consent will be sought to share their data.
Your rights and your personal data – unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which School Lane Preschool holds about you or your child.
- The right to request that School Lane Preschool corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for School Lane Preschool to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability) where applicable.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
How long we keep your personal data – Personal data is kept for seven years, after which it is securely destroyed.
Contact details – to exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please, in the first instance, contact the preschool Data Controller, School Lane Preschool, Diamond Centre, School Lane, Norfolk NR7 8TR. Telephone: 01603 416181 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
This Privacy Notice works alongside our GDPR Policy which came into force on 25th May 2018.
Please also find the Link for our General Data Protection Regulation Policy below: